From July 4, 2010 until July 3, 2011 the Sivers family lived on less than minimum wage as they begin their ministry journey. The reasons for this commitment were as follows:
- We believe that the #1 barrier between God and American Christians is a “consumer mentality.”
- Many Americans simply do not understand poverty or wealth.
- The majority of the world’s wealthiest 10% live in a suburban bubble where those wealthier than 92% of the world appear poor.
- Most of the Christians in 'the bubble' do not believe they could survive on significantly less.
- Almost a billion people do not have access to the most basic of needs - clean water.
- This lack kills more people than all violence and war combined.
- 42,000 PEOPLE DIE WEEKLY FROM UNSAFE WATER!
- 90% OF THOSE DEATHS ARE CHILDREN UNDER 5
- AMERICAN CHRISTIANS COULD EASILY FUND A LASTING SOLUTION TO THE WATER CRISIS WITHOUT DEBT OR SACRIFICE - WITHIN ONE YEAR.
- By living on minimum wage we are modeling our challenge to you: Live better on less, and use the difference to love people in need.
To see what we're doing NOW, check out our other pages listed to the right...